GENESEE COUNTY YMCA MEMBERSHIP
A membership to the GLOW YMCA brings with it numerous benefits and advantages in the areas of facility access, programs, services, and financial savings. When you join the Genesee County YMCA, the Wyoming County YMCA, or the Orleans County YMCA, you get membership privileges at all three branches. Your membership includes unlimited access to:
- State of the Art Wellness Centers
- Swimming Pool
- Open Gym
- Public and Private Locker Rooms
- Lap Swim (reservations required; must be at least 12 years of age)
- Land-Based Group Exercise Classes like Zumba, Pilates, Yoga
Member Programs & Services include:
- Child Watch Services
- Facility & Wellness Center Orientation
- Fitness Consultation
- Fitness Evaluation
- Personal Fitness Program Development
Reduced Rates for Members for:
- Youth Programs
- Summer Camp
- Holiday Camp Days
- Before & After School Childcare
Private Locker Rentals:
Private lockers are available for rent at the Service Desk, with fees based on size. Individuals must be 18 years of age to rent a YMCA locker. Public lockers are available for day use at no charge.
Membership Fees, Payments, & Incentives
Members are the YMCA. Children, adults, and families make up the YMCA’s membership base and are the foundation of all that the YMCA does. Membership to the GLOW YMCA carries with it a comprehensive use of YMCA facilities, discounted program fees, and access to special services. To follow are the categories and fees for YMCA Membership.
“No one is denied services because of inability to pay.”
|Category Definition||Joining Fee||Monthly Bankdraft Deduction|
|Youth||0-12 Years of Age (*Annual Fee Option Only)||N/A||$180*|
|Junior||13-17 Years of Age||$25||$20|
|Young Adult||18-24 Years or Full-Time College Student, must submit proof of full-time status from college Record Office.||$25||$25|
|Adult||25 Years & Up||$25||$41|
|2 Adults||2 Adults living within the same household||$25||$58|
|1 Adult Family||1 Adult with Dependents through age 18 and full-time college students through age 23||$25||$50|
|2 Adult Family||2 Adults with Dependents through age 18 and full-time college students through age 23||$25||$69|
|Senior Citizen||62 Years & Up||$25||$35|
|2 Adult Seniors||2 Adults 62 Years & Up||$25||$54|
Membership Payment Options
1. Annual Membership dues can be paid by cash, check, Visa/Mastercard, or by YMCA Gift Certificate.
2. Bankdraft Membership start-up payment can be paid by cash, check, Visa/Mastercard, or by YMCA Gift Certificate. Monthly deductions are withdrawn automatically from a predesignated checking account, credit card, savings account or debit card. Deductions can be withdrawn on the 1st or 15th of each month. Contractually, this automatic deduction will continue until a 30-day written notice (termination form) is presented to the Service Desk. A 30-day written notice is also required for any membership or account change.
3. The YMCA will consider pro-rated refunds for programs and membership. Requests must be submitted in writing. Refunds will not be given for disciplinary action.
4. A lapse in membership of 30 days or more requires repayment of the Joining Fee.
Click here to learn about our Scholarship Assistance Program
The YMCA has collaborative relationships with local employers and HMOs in an effort to save members money and make the YMCA accessible to all. If your employer may be interested in the YMCA’s Corporate Membership Program please let us know. The YMCA’s current HMO Partners include:
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Univera Healthcare (Silver & Fit)
- United Health Care (Renew Active)
- MVP (Silver Sneakers)
Call the YMCA to learn more about the Y’s HMO partners and how you might save money by participating.
At the YMCA, no one is denied services because of an inability to pay.
Please ask about the YMCA’s Scholarship Assistance Program.