WYOMING COUNTY YMCA
The Wyoming County YMCA was opened in July of 2002. This 35,000 square foot building houses a gymnasium, rock climbing wall, wellness center, indoor track, pool, steam room, hot tub, multi-purpose room, and an Indoor kids soft play area. Other amenities include an outside playground, a preschool and primetime center, and the Warsaw campus of Genesee Community College.
The YMCA is a state-of-the-art, climate controlled building. The facility is handicapped accessible in all areas, including a zero-depth entry into the pool.
2,000+ square feet state of the art center complete with:
- Precor Treadmills and Recumbent Bicycles
- Upright and Recumbent Expresso Bicycles
- Precor Ellypticals
- Cybex Arc Trainers
- Precor AMT (Adaptive Motion Trainers)
- Magnum Selectorized equipment
- Cybex Functional Cable Column
- Free weight stations
- Trainers on Staff to assist members
The Multi-Purpose rooms are equipped with a state of the art stereo system and presentation technology useful for:
- Virtual Group Exercise Classes
- Movies (DVD)
- Computer/Powerpoint presentations
The Multi-Purpose room can also be utilized as meeting spaces for up to 100 people, accommodating:
- Birthday Parties
- Bridal or Baby showers
- Other social events
The Y’s gymnasium is a place that is used for many activities throughout the process of the day and week. It contains a small version of a full court for basketball, a volleyball court, and a 33 foot tall Rock Climbing Wall. Activities that are offered in the gymnasium include:
- Rock Wall Climbing – minimum weight for climbers is 40 pounds
- Youth sports activities, including basketball, soccer, floor hockey, flag football, and more
- Tae Kwon Do
- Adult Basketball (pick-up)
- Recreational adult volleyball
- Open Gym Time
- Family Gym Time
- Special Events (Family events)
- Birthday Parties (sports, Rock Wall Climbing or Inflatable Obstacle Course options)
The Wyoming County YMCA’s Aquatic Center is one of the facility’s showcase areas. The pool water is 85 degrees, making it a great temperature for all who visit. The Aquatics Center highlights include:
- Three 25 yard lap lanes with a depth of 3 1/2 feet to 5 feet
- Zero depth entry area
- Water Slide & Rain Tree
- Hot Tub
- Co-ed adult steam room
The Wyoming County YMCA offers Preschool services for youth beginning at the age of two. The Preschool rooms are each equipped with all necessary play and learning gear as well as with a little extra love.
Indoor Kid’s Gym
The Indoor Kid’s Gym is a Jungle Gym play area with soft toy play area. It’s used for Prime Time Family Time and is also available to families visiting the YMCA.
The Wyoming County YMCA has men’s and women’s locker rooms that have lockers, private changing areas, bathroom facilities, and showers. This makes is convenient to come in to work out before work in the morning and get ready for work right at the Y. We encourage everyone to lock up their items while using the facility, but also ask that you take your items with you when you leave. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
The YMCA also has Family/Special Needs Locker Rooms. These are great for parents with young opposite-sex children and for members needing assistance from a spouse/friends to change or use the bathroom facilities.