GENESEE COUNTY YMCA
ALL MEMBERS AND GUESTS MUST CHECK IN AT THE SERVICE DESK.
Specific age requirements must be met for various facility areas. Below are the age requirements:
- Youth must be at least 8 years of age to be in the facility without the supervision of an adult.
- Youth must be at least 6 years of age to be in the pool without an adult in the water with them. Youth under the age of 9 must have an adult present on the pool deck while using the pool.
- The minimum age for access to the private locker rooms, sauna, and steam rooms is 18.
- Youth 12-14 may participate in Group Exercise classes with an adult present. Youth 15 and up may participate without an adult.
- Youth 12-14 may work out in the wellness center if they have taken and passed the Youth Fitness training. Youth under the age of 12 may not be in the wellness center.
- ChildWatch is for youth ages 6 weeks through 12 years. This is for Family memberships only and the parent must be present in the building at all times.
- Children under the age of 6 may change in the locker room with a parent of the opposite gender. Children 6 and up must change in their respective locker rooms.
Reduced Program Rates
YMCA Members save a minimum of 20% on most programs. Also, ask about our value added credits and second child discount for programs.
The YMCA holds registration prior to the start of each session. The YMCA reserves the right to cancel any programs due to low enrollment. You can register for most programs over the phone with a Visa or Mastercard or online by clicking on the “Online Registration” link on this website.
The YMCA will consider pro-rated refunds for programs and memberships due to illness or injury. The YMCA does not issue refunds for programs that are cancelled due to factors beyond the YMCA’s control. Refund requests must be submitted to the Branch Executive in writing. Refunds will not be given for disciplinary actions.
The YMCA has a variety of rental packages available. Inquire about our Birthday Party Packages, Meeting Rooms, and Pool Rentals. Various options are available and all are reasonably priced.
The YMCA has a Sexual Harassment Discrimination Policy that applies to staff, volunteers, members, guests, and vendors doing business in the YMCA. This policy is available at the service desk.